Job Title: Registered Nurse/ Medical Case Manager
Work Area: Umatilla, Morrow, Gilliam, Wheeler, Wasco, Sherman, Wallowa, Union,
Office Location: 322 SW 3rd Street, Pendleton, Oregon
Baker, Malheur, Grant and Harney Counties
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday – 48 hours per month
(Schedule may vary depending on caseload/duties).
Start Date: Immediately
Rate of Pay: $32.00 per hour
Fringe Benefits: Company vehicle available for work-related task.
Job Summary: This position is a professional (non-residential) position responsible for development, implementation and coordination of services provided to individuals living with HIV/AIDS. The Medical Case Manager participated in a multidisciplinary team that works in partnership with the client’s medical provider to assess the medical needs of the client. The Medical Case Manager conducts a Nursing Assessment to determine the client’s medical needs and access to medical services, develops a nursing plan, performs nursing interventions (treatment adherence, nutritional health, oral health, liver health, HIV transmission/risk reduction), advocates on behalf of the client and participates in the Care Coordination Team to improve client health outcomes.
- Be aware of accommodations and alternative formats identified;
- Conduct a face-to-face nursing assessment for all new clients;
- Conduct a face-to-face annual assessment for clients assessed as an RN Acuity 3 or 4 and for any clients who have been triaged at Eastern Oregon Center for Independent Living (EOCIL) as requiring a nurse reassessment;
- All newly diagnosed clients will be assigned to the Medical Case Manager (MCM) for a minimum of three months. The MCM may also assign clients to their caseload based on professional assessment regardless of Acuity;
- Perform a physical examination to include (at a minimum): Weight, Height, Vitals (blood pressure, temperature, pulse/heart rate) and inspection of the mouth;
- Determine the need for ongoing Medical Case Management as defined in Nurse Assessment Standards;
- Work with the client to develop an individualized Nurse Plan for clients assigned an RN Acuity 3 or 4;
- Refer for medical evaluation and treatment;
- Provide education and counseling about HIV transmission, disease management, risk reduction and harm education;
- Provide HIV medication therapy to include client education concerning risks and side effects, monitoring disease process to include lab values, monitoring client adherence and tolerance of medications;
- Provide counseling, education and referral specifically associated with treatment adherence, nutrition, liver health, HIV transmission risk reduction and oral health;
- Provide nursing interventions and education about a variety of issues, as appropriate to both client assessed need for intervention and the nurse’s trained skills. Interventions (education and/or counseling) may include (but are not limited to):
- Healthful living habits and holistic approaches to good nutrition, adequate sleep, regular exercise, stress management, appropriate immunizations, age appropriate health screenings etc;
- Safer sex practices, sexually transmitted diseases and partner notification services;
- Prevention of exposure to opportunistic pathogens;
- Provide information about available resources and services for clients and their support system;
- Follow up on the nurse triage when appropriate. The nurse will need to determine the seriousness of the encounter and decide on a plan of action;
- Communicate regularly with the client’s medical providers and other health and human service providers and provide client advocacy services when appropriate;
- Case Conference with the client’s medical provider and the care coordination team (including the client);
- Conduct home visits and accompanying the client to medical visits as needed;
- Document in CareWare case notes, on the required forms and in the CareWare database.
- Oregon licensed Registered Nurse/ AIDS certified nurse (ACRN) – ACRN to be obtained within a year of hire.
- Preferred Bilingual: Spanish/English
- High level of Professionalism, Commitment, Innovative/Resourcefulness.
- Beyond basic computer skills. Program knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher.
- Strong written and oral communication experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass criminal history background check.
- Must be a self starter and require minimal supervision to complete projects.
Apply: Apply in Person at:
322 SW 3rd Street
Pendleton, Oregon 97801
For More Information:
Jeff Williams-Program Manager
(541) 276-1037 Ext. 102 (Voice), email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled.