POSITION: Maintenance II – Bridge Crusher Crew
POSITION #: 18-32
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
SALARY: $23.35/Hourly (to start) – Plus Excellent Benefits
CLOSING: First Review July 9, 2018 (5:00 PM)
This is a maintenance II position dispatched out of the Pendleton shop attached to the bridge/crusher crew. Including but not limited to operation, general maintenance and service of county trucks, pups, trailers and various County equipment associated with bridge maintenance and crushing operations. Transporting of equipment, general labor and any other job listed in maintenance I or II positions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a current valid Oregon Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods, materials and procedures used in road construction and maintenance.
- The ability to perform strenuous manual tasks and to withstand exposure to variable weather conditions.
- Must be skilled in operation, maintenance and servicing various types of equipment such as that used by Umatilla County.
- During emergency situations such as flood or blizzard he/she must be willing to perform the job/task necessary as directed with available equipment during whatever shift or hours necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Use of Umatilla County application is MANDATORY. Anyone who qualifies for Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment provided for in OAR 839-006-0435; please include proper certification (OAR 839-006-0465) with your application. Any applicant with a disability who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application or hiring process to assist or to demonstrate qualifications or to perform the essential functions of the job for which the applicant is applying should inform the Human Resources Department. This job announcement is not intended to serve as a comprehensive job description. Blank applications and a complete job description can be obtained on our website at www.umatillacounty.net or the Human Resources Office, Room 108. Applications will be accepted by hand delivery, mail, fax, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.